Press and Media
Welcome to the NAMI Newsroom! Every day, the media publishes stories about mental health. As a leading voice in the mental health community, NAMI can help journalists and thought leaders shape their messages by providing knowledgeable spokespeople, statistics and personal stories of people living with mental illness.
NAMI has numerous resources available for the press and media, including:
- Press Releases: Browse through statements and announcements from NAMI about the latest mental health news.
- Public Service Announcements and Videos: View and download from NAMI’s broadcast-ready video archive of inspirational stories, PSAs, educational shorts and more.
- Surveys and Reports: Read the latest opinion surveys and policy reports to explore the experiences of individuals, families, caregivers and members of the public on an array of important topics.
- Infographics and Statistics: Learn the latest information on mental health and download statistics in easily-digestible and readable infographics.
- Spokespersons: Lend a voice to your story. From thought leaders to psychiatrists to people with lived experience, NAMI has the right expert for your piece.
Recent Press Releases
NAMI Celebrates Mental Health Victories in Federal Funding Bill
Mar 22 2018
Following the release of the Fiscal Year 2018 federal appropriations package, NAMI is extremely grateful for the increased investments in mental health services and supports. By including significant funding increases for these programs, Congress has taken a crucial step to support individuals with mental illness and their families.
NAMI Statement on the Parkland School Shooting
Feb 16 2018
NAMI is deeply saddened by the tragic school shooting that occurred yesterday in Parkland, Florida. Here are steps we can take now to educate and intervene early to break down barriers of understanding, and put an end to the stigma that often prevents people from getting the help they so desperately need.